Hi 2014

Saturday, December 28, 2013

"There are years that ask questions, and there are years that answer." -Zora Neale Hurston

2013 was my year of answer.

In joyous expectation, I prayed for the graces, patience and stamina it would take to see through the dreams and goals God had deposited in my mind and on my heart. While in the past I had abstained, this year I devoured. I followed my most intense obsessions mercilessly.

I tried my best to get comfortable with being uncomfortable, to be confident amidst uncertainty. I vowed not to shrink back just because something wasn't easy. I pushed back; I made more room between I can't and I can.

When things became tough, I stopped looking for someone to blame and started looking for something to DO. I mirrored what I admired, reflected on what I desired, and attracted what I expected.

I flirted with life and travelled all around the United States. I breathed in deep the air of new places; San Francisco, Chicago, Austin, Los Angeles, New York City, Las Vegas, Newport Beach, Houston, Albuquerque, Omaha, Santa Monica, Connecticut, Ohio, Iowa, Pennsylvania, Reno & Mexico.

I focused on how my life felt; not just on how it looks online.

I desired for my heart and my passions to be the most beautiful things about me. I set fire to my old self. She was too busy shopping, gossiping and watching the days go by wondering why she hadn't gotten as far as she would have liked. Oftentimes I wondered, 'Where is the girl that I was last year? And what would she think of me now?'

I am happy with the woman I have become this year, I have worked hard everyday to be her.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Hannah this is amazing to read. I might just have to save it to refer back to it this year. You've definitely inspired me!

    ReplyDelete

 

© HT All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger